How to Start a Professional Mold Remediation Service in New York City
Mold is a very common nuisance for many homeowners, especially during damp weather. New York area gets more than its share of damp the year round, so the mold problem is commonplace. Starting a professional mold remediation service is a good idea for a viable business. There are thousands of New York City homes and other building needing water damage every year. Just like any other business, starting a mold remediation business especially in New York City requires an understanding of the issues in the industry.
Training in Mold Removal
Handling mold infestations needs knowing how mold grows and the different ways to handle it. Some of the topics you would have to be conversant with include;
- Mold Assessment
- Health Effects
- Types of Sampling
- Mold Remediation Methods
- Identify Tools and Equipment for Mold Remediation
- Materials and supplies for Mold Remediation
- Types of Toxic and Non- Toxic Mold
- Mold Remediation Cleaning Guidelines
- Mold Remediation Containment Guidelines
- Mold Remediation Containment Construction
- Identify Tools and equipment for Mold Remediation
- Personal Property Restoration for Mold Remediation
- Mold Remediation Site Safety
- Mold Remediation Communication procedures
- Understanding the Mold protocol for Mold Remediation
- Mold Inspection Procedures for Mold Remediation
- Understanding Sick Building Syndrome
- Understanding Anti-microbial and biocides applications for Mold Remediation
Men and equipment For Professional Mold Testing & Removal
Any professional service will require men with skills and equipment to handle any jobs, big or small. You will need to have the men who can do free mold inspections and identify the problem at hand immediately and correctly. You will need one or two skilled workers to start with for a small outfit.
A service outfit will need a truck to carry the equipment. You will need building tools to bring down building sections and put them back up after you are done fixing the sections. Cleaning materials like antimicrobials and biocides will also be needed.
Handling mold requires safety equipment as exposure to mold spores can lead to allergies and other respiratory problems.
Mold Remediation Compliance
Operating in any jurisdiction needs compliance with the laws of the state. This means the business with the authorities, getting the necessary permits, and taking out insurance. You could also check out if you need to fill any requirements with the federal authorities like the EPA.
Your mold remediation business will require capital and business skills. You can get help from the Small Business Administration and other agencies that help out small businesses.
If you do not want to start a Mold Removal service, you could just buy a company. But what fun would that be?